Sustainable Business Council
The Sustainable Business Council is an executive-led group of companies that advocates a better way of doing business to create a sustainable future for New Zealand. SBC has 79 members, including many of New Zealand's largest businesses across a wide range of industries.
SBC wants to see collaboration between business and government, in order to come up with a shared understanding for what a low carbon economy looks like, a clear plan for the transition, and the first steps underway. They are concerned that inaction would leave New Zealand exposed as other economies and business models transition to a low carbon future.
The Sustainable Business Council's submission advocated for:
- Fuel and energy efficiency measures
- Support for new technologies like electric vehicles
- Long-term policy certainty so that biofuel initiatives can thrive
- Research into areas like improved nitrogen management and reduced n-leaching
- More focus on the emissions intensity of our products and services.